Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Versus Game Goodness.

Versus games. I like to call them Fighting Games. Much easier to remember for some reason.

I actually don't know how I even got into them. Hmm... Well a few years back, when I was 15, my brother had shown me a fighting game on XBLA. We didn't play it, and we didn't buy it, but it was called "The King of Fighters '98: Ultimate Match". Around that time I still loved Shooters, FPS's, Racing, Strategy, and RPG. I didn't pay the game much mind and continued with playing Halo 3 and ODST.

Fast forward half a year when I'm sitting bored on my laptop. I feel like playing a flash game and figured I'd try looking for a fighting game. Those were always the best ones to play. So I searched and stumbled upon a flash game called "The King of Fighters WING". I heard about KOF from my older brother and figured I'd give it a shot.

I started up the game and played as Ryu since he was the guest character. I just didn't feel much enjoyment... until I faced Iori Yagami. I was watching as I got my ass kicked by amazing special moves and supers. His voice, his laugh, everything about him was amazing.

I reset the game and played as him. I was addicted. I knew Kyo was his rival before even actually knowing it. It was fun. I played for a few months before I went out and got KOF '98: Ultimate Match, KOF: MI2, and KOF XI.

I was addicted to fighting games. Especially KOF games after that. I eventually got a PS3 and KOF XII and XIII but I broadened my horizons and gave myself more options with Street Fighter, MvC, Tekken, DOA, Virtua Fighter, etc.

I knew fighting games were my calling and I won't change it for the world.

Iori Yagami, you're the best. Hmhmhmhmhm, hahahahahaha, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment